For this episode, we were honored to be able to talk with Dave Stachowiak of Dale Carnegie Training of Southern Los Angeles where he is the Executive Vice President of Talent Development. He is a student of Fatherhood and shares with us that he thinks about how to get better on an hourly basis. He also hosts two podcasts, a great weekly show called Coaching For Leaders that’s been around since 2011 and a newer but information-filled daily show called The Carnegie Coach. Dave is married and has two children. Once a month, his wife, Bonni also joins him on the Coaching for Leaders show where they answer questions from their audience about specific leadership topics.
You’ll get to find out what his favorite food is (it may surprise you), a great story about how he works to come to solutions with his 3 year old son, how he sees the difference between leadership and management, as well as how his career in education and training has helped him become a better dad.
Guest Question Chain
Previous Guest: Eric Snow – What is it about fathering you think you’re going to recall 10 years from now?
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Coaching for Leaders Podcast
- Coaching for Leaders Website
- Carnegie Coach Podcast
- Carnegie Coach Website
- Dale Carnegie Training
- Audio Books on Audible – Note: using this affiliate link can get you a one month free trial and two free audiobooks and will help out the show too.
- Find Dave on LinkedIn
- Find Dave on Twitter
- Executive Coach Tom Henschel – The Look and Sound of Leadership Podcast
- Sign Up for Dave’s Leadership Guides and get the list of 10 Leadership books we discussed
- Book #11 – Leadership and Self Deception – Getting Out of the Box by The Arbinger Institute
- Parenting Book – No Drama Discipline by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
Quote of the Day